Tuesday 11/8/16 – Day Twenty Nine
Breakfast: A little sad because we were running out of food. Trying to make the eggs last.
I’d like to point out I deserve a medal for consuming no alcohol on election night. I’ve gotten through Half Marathon training, an ice cream social, Halloween, and the most disappointing election in history all while staying compliant.
Wednesday 11/9/16 – Day Thirty!!!
Breakfast: one egg, the last of the bacon, fruit salad.
And….done! I actually ended up doing a Whole 31 because we didn’t leave for vacation until day 32.
Here’s my scale and non scale victories:
– Cooked more fresh meals than ever in life.
– Learned I like squash and persimmons.
– Only ate at restaurants three times; before this we’d get food elsewhere at least once a week.
– After the initial headache went away I felt healthy and happy.
– Rarely ate between meals. Prior to this I ate every two hours.
– Learned how to get past cravings and control my relationship with food.
– Fit comfortably in my clothes once again.
– Lost 10 pounds in 30 days!
I never got to the point where I was waking up without my alarm, which is kind of disappointing, but I do get up at 5am so that’s a tough order. And I was very active during the 30 days and it’s possibly I didn’t feed myself enough energy. Also, some people talk about clearer skin but I still broke out. But other than those misses I’m very satisfied.
Because of our vacation I didn’t have a chance to do the recommended reintroduction; I brought everything back on day 32. I didn’t feel too awful though, just overly full and not the good way like when I ate a plate filled with veggies. I was definitely ready to get back to making my own food again. So now I’m going to find my happy medium of mostly compliant eating. I’ll probably do another Whole 30 in the future; maybe January. And I’ll work on making sure my meal 1s have more veggies than this round.